Tuesday, June 22, 2010

On Location

At the moment I'm on holiday at my parents place in the middle of nowhere. It's great because I can do lots of sewing and try and get some schoolwork done (it's also nice having someone to do my washing).

Simplicity 1411


Yesterday, I finished Simplicity 1411, a short-sleeved jacket pattern from the 50s. Embarrassingly enough, I started this at the beginning of May but I abandoned it because it reminded me of doctor's scrubs. I'm glad I picked it up again because I'm actually quite pleased with the way it looks.
I made it using some sea foam green poplin and purple vintage buttons. The colour's actually greener than in the photo and the buttons are brighter. I didn't do the version with the detachable cuffs and collar so mine looks more like a blouse/jacket hybrid.

Simplicity 1411


I'm also wearing my unfinished version of Burdastyle's Jenny skirt. It's still without a waistband and the suspender straps but I didn't bring any clothes with me that I could wear with the jacket. I will do another post on it when it's done.

4 comments:

  1. The Jenny gets great reviews, look forward to seeing it when it is all finished. Enjoy your time with your folks, I always love visiting my Dad, it's like a hotel, he cooks like a chef, and I get looked after like a princess. Bliss!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks fantastic! Enjoy your break xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there!Great colour!
    Nice to be relaxed with the family!Yay for getting lots of sewing done!I'm having the urge,but not the time!x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blossom,I'm passing an awrd on to you,just pop over to my blog to collect it.
    x

    ReplyDelete